Blogger/Blogspot is Google owned blogging platform, and best blogging tool after WordPress. In my previous post (Why Google Owned Blogger blogspot is Best in 2019) I published how blogger is best tool for small blogging. Blogger allow us to edit complete html source code, So we have full control on it. Most of bloggers used wordpress platform for publishing their content but some of them faced few issues in wordpress platform, so they want to move their wordpress blog to blogger platform. In this article we provide you step by step guide of How to Convert WordPress Blog to Blogger.
Many of tutorials are not user friendly, Last week I wanted to move my client blog from Selfhosted WordPress to Google Blogspot, and I faced many of problems. All the online articles are useless and I will not advise to completly move WordPress website on Blogger. But As my client who want to move free blog platform to reduce website cost, This article is for you. Through this tutorial you can transfer your selfhosted or WordPress.com blog to Blogger.
Also Read: Easy Speed Up WordPress 2019
Step 1 (WordPress Backup) :
- Login into your wordpress dashboard using admin account (If wordpress.com, choose your blog which you want to convert into blogger).
- Now Go to Tools option at the left panel of wordpress dashboard. then click on export option.
- Not to Choose All Content radio button under the ‘Choose What to Export’. You have to select POSTS ONLY.
- Now click on Download Export File’ to download your all wordpress Post in XML file format.
CONVERT INTO BLOGGER FORMAT FROM WORDPRESS:
It is a tricky part, You have WordPress post backup xml file. And you don’t need to convert your backup file as it is already blogger compatible.
Step 2 (Import Blog to Blogger/Blogspot) :
- Login and create new blog on Blogger.
- Park your domain on Blogger, and Setup DNS (If Any).
- Go To Setting and Here you can simply upload your exported file to click on ‘Choose file’ button then click on Convert.
- All Done!!
Step 3 (Create Pages from old WordPress Contents) :
In blogger, You have to manually create all pages (As we only imported posts from WordPress).
We don’t suggest you to move your Blog from WordPress to Blogger because of SEO Errors. You will see 404 error with all your search engines SEO. You will loose all your SEO ranking with post.
Hope I provided all the details. At the end, If you want to buy new domain and changing the URL of blog then go with this with 301 .haccess setup. Otherwise blog with existing WordPress.
For any type of WordPress or Blogger services you can also contact us for faster services.